Saturday, June 13, 2009

Gardening



Today I found out that my allotted garden plot is 20' long and 4.5' wide - much larger than I had thought. So now I'm in the gardening spirit. I heard from several local people that here in the Great Northwestern Ontario we should not plant our gardens until the first new moon in June, which I believe is happening right now. So I went to the nursery today and got some lovely bedding plants. My friend and neighbor Bill turned about half the garden for me - not bad for a guy who uses a walker to walk! I appreciated the help which was given over my protests! Bill has been a Godsend since I moved here and has become a true friend of mine.
I'm planting peas, carrots, lettuce, green onions, radishes, a few beets, and flowers. I have to get fencing for it so the deer don't eat it - that's tomorrow's project! Fun - I love gardening.

4 comments:

  1. yes, we definitely need to get a better picture of Bill!

    And I'm glad you get to garden :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So this is one of my insomnia nights and your book/blog was great reading material! Seriously an amazing read. Thanks for putting it out there for people to enjoy.
    And I hope the garden goes well:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad that you are enjoying yourself there gardening and making friends...you are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I was over at Tara's blog, and clicked on the link to take me here. I love gardening, and I hope you'll post more articles on your garden and how it is producing!

    Lovely picture on the top of your blog :)

    ReplyDelete